6 Tips to a Smooth Move
- Ask the Movers Questions: If you do not understand something, ask. The moving business is complex and has its own language. If you need more clarity, call Jeff or Oscar at our office.
- When Possible Plan an Off-Peak Season Move: May to September is the high season. If you can avoid moving during those months, you will likely receive better service. If you must move during the high season, move mid-month, mid-week, and avoid the end of the month.
- Be Reachable by Phone: Make sure we are able to reach you by phone during your move.
- Transport Valuables with You: Valuables, such as cash, coins, jewelry, photographs, and important papers should be taken with you. If you have to send them ahead, we recommend using a traceable service with insurance.
- Personal Travel Items: Keep together in the vehicle you are taking with you. Avoid having those items loaded onto our moving truck.
No matter how prepared you are things occasionally go wrong. Moving is a stressful time in your life. Take a deep breath, be patient, and get a good night’s sleep before moving day.
TWO DAYS BEFORE YOU MOVE
- Defrost and dry refrigerators and freezers to be moved by the Movers.
- Set aside valuable items to carry with you (jewelry, vital documents, money and valuable small items).
- Be on hand to answer questions and give directions to our movers and stay until they are finished.
- Find and/or initial all appropriate paperwork before AND after your move.
- Before the moving truck leaves, take one final look through the house to make certain nothing has been left behind.
- The driver uses GPS to find your delivery location. Discuss helpful landmarks.
- Notify the driver and the mover where you can be reached during the move.
Call 614-486-8080 or use the quick estimate form to get your free quote now.
Student/College Moving Tips
Tips to Follow Before Moving Out of Your Dorm
- Sign out with your Resident Assistant – After a semester or two with your beloved RA, it is only fair that you double-check with them that you have returned keys and passes before your last day.
- Confirm your move-in time – Student housing has various move-in times to avoid a back-up in their process. Show up at your designated time, if applicable, and have your necessary documents ready.
- Do not take on too many responsibilities – Do not wait for this day to do all of your errands as well. Lines will be long at the supermarkets, utility offices, and gas stations. Plan ahead and focus only on moving in your stuff!
Are you getting ready for your next big move? Whether you're moving out of your family home for the first time, you're downsizing, or you're moving to a bigger and nicer place, you've got a lot of work ahead of you! You have to clean, pack, get movers to help...
If you're getting ready for your big move, you have a lot of decisions to make. There's so much on your plate right now between packing, getting your new place ready, cleaning, and making sure that everything goes smoothly. Moving is expensive, so you might be...
Part of making the moving process easy involves knowing how to pack your belongings. Here are common packing mistakes to avoid for your move.
When the pandemic hit in 2020, it changed how Americans worked and therefore, how they moved. Previously, we'd often move to different states. But for last year, 84% of people actually moved within the same metro area and another 7.5% moved within the same...
If you have three days to pack and move, you don't have any time to waste. Moving is a stressful process and packing takes more finesse than people usually anticipate. But being down to the wire doesn't mean you are out of luck. Keep reading for a complete guide on...
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, moving rates in 2020 were similar to those of 2019. Illinois, New York, and California registered the highest outbound rates, with Illinois topping at 69%. If you’ve been mulling about moving, then 2021 presents the ideal year...
There are several key things you need to ask before hiring a moving company. You can find out more by clicking right here.
In order to handle your move correctly, it's important that you get help from a professional that can do the work. There are several reasons that movers are a quality asset for you once you are ready to move into your new home. So why should you hire movers?...
Tick tock, tick tock! Knowing that a move is on the horizon can be a reason to fret and panic for many, but not to worry! You've already done the most important part and booked a moving company. Using one can be enough to bring your stress levels down to a near-normal...
It's time to say goodbye to the old house and fully transition into the new one. It's an exciting time! As you prepare to close one chapter and open a new one, you'll need to find movers in Columbus you can trust with all your property. Unfortunately, not all moving...
Few things in life are more stressful than moving house, right? Heck, 60% of people rank it above breakups and divorce in terms of the stress levels involved! It’s no surprise either. You’re lifting, sifting, and shifting all your worldly possessions from...
Chances are sooner or later, you're going to be facing a move. The average person in the U.S. packs all of their belongings and transports them to a new home nearly a dozen times over the course of a lifetime. For some of us, practice makes perfect, and...