6 Tips to a Smooth Move
- Ask the Movers Questions: If you do not understand something, ask. The moving business is complex and has its own language. If you need more clarity, call Jeff or Oscar at our office.
- When Possible Plan an Off-Peak Season Move: May to September is the high season. If you can avoid moving during those months, you will likely receive better service. If you must move during the high season, move mid-month, mid-week, and avoid the end of the month.
- Be Reachable by Phone: Make sure we are able to reach you by phone during your move.
- Transport Valuables with You: Valuables, such as cash, coins, jewelry, photographs, and important papers should be taken with you. If you have to send them ahead, we recommend using a traceable service with insurance.
- Personal Travel Items: Keep together in the vehicle you are taking with you. Avoid having those items loaded onto our moving truck.
No matter how prepared you are things occasionally go wrong. Moving is a stressful time in your life. Take a deep breath, be patient, and get a good night’s sleep before moving day.
TWO DAYS BEFORE YOU MOVE
- Defrost and dry refrigerators and freezers to be moved by the Movers.
- Set aside valuable items to carry with you (jewelry, vital documents, money and valuable small items).
- Be on hand to answer questions and give directions to our movers and stay until they are finished.
- Find and/or initial all appropriate paperwork before AND after your move.
- Before the moving truck leaves, take one final look through the house to make certain nothing has been left behind.
- The driver uses GPS to find your delivery location. Discuss helpful landmarks.
- Notify the driver and the mover where you can be reached during the move.
Call 614-486-8080 or use the quick estimate form to get your free quote now.
Student/College Moving Tips
Tips to Follow Before Moving Out of Your Dorm
- Sign out with your Resident Assistant – After a semester or two with your beloved RA, it is only fair that you double-check with them that you have returned keys and passes before your last day.
- Confirm your move-in time – Student housing has various move-in times to avoid a back-up in their process. Show up at your designated time, if applicable, and have your necessary documents ready.
- Do not take on too many responsibilities – Do not wait for this day to do all of your errands as well. Lines will be long at the supermarkets, utility offices, and gas stations. Plan ahead and focus only on moving in your stuff!
Few things in life are more stressful than moving house, right? Heck, 60% of people rank it above breakups and divorce in terms of the stress levels involved! It’s no surprise either. You’re lifting, sifting, and shifting all your worldly possessions from...
Chances are sooner or later, you're going to be facing a move. The average person in the U.S. packs all of their belongings and transports them to a new home nearly a dozen times over the course of a lifetime. For some of us, practice makes perfect, and...
It’s no secret that moving can be stressful. Whether you are moving across town or the country the change that occurs when you move can add a lot of anxiety. It also takes time to pack up all your possessions, move them to a new location, and then get settled....
Moving anxiety can creep in because of the many unavoidable changes you're about to face. You may also not be financially ready for the costs. Besides, the heavy loads and the packing and unpacking can distract your life and cause a lot of stress. But if you're...
Moving home can be an incredibly exciting adventure, but there's no denying the stress involved. One of the most stressful parts of the process comes with packing all of your belongings to prepare for the move. How to pack for a move is an art form in itself of which...
To Our Valued Customers: At American Moving and Storage Solutions, the health and safety of our customers and employees is the most important aspect of our business. In light of the ever-evolving, COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, Governor Mike DeWine and Amy Acton,...